There are a couple of dishes in our household that just keep being enjoyed over and over again. This very clever, delicious and easy pesto is one of them. It does not take long to prepare – and trust me, I am all about quick preparation time, especially these days with a tiny baby in the house! – and you can enjoy it in so many ways!
I usually prepare a large batch of it and put a couple of portions in the freezer. I even figured out that putting some in ice cube trays will do
wonders when it comes to needing it quickly to flavour a grilled chicken or use it for
I try to make sure I use fresh basil for this pesto as it tastes much better and the smell, when you open the top of the mixer after mixing all ingredients is just amazing.
You can store a portion in the fridge for a week and the portion in the freezer for months.
- 120g pine nuts (you could use brasil nuts, almonds, cashews or walnuts instead)
- 2 or 3 pack fresh basil leaves
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 120ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 or 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix first the nuts with the olive oil in the food processor.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- It is ready to serve.
If I put it in the fridge, I pour a thin layer of olive oil on top to keep the nice green pesto colour. I sometimes add more garlic or parmesan cheese for a bit of a different taste.
It is gluten free meal, enjoy and let me know how you liked it x