I have been struggling with time in recent weeks so this meal is something I go back to quite often these days. It is so simple and quick to make. My friends are astonished how I invite them over and “cook” lunch or dinner for them in no time.
All you need is a spiralizer and a food processor to have at home, both are well worth the money, I am using them all the time. The spiralizer will help you to cut the zucchini as the base of your meal. The food processor is great for making the sauce and for grading the cheese too.
Ingredients for a meal for 2:
- 2 or 3 small zucchini/ courgette
- 130g brazil nut
- 3-4 ripe avocado (depending on size)
- 3 or 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lime
- fresh basil
- fresh mint (can be left out)
- hymalaian salt
- black pepper (can be left out)
- baby tomatoes
- parmesan cheese (or any hard cheese you like)
- bacon/ tuna or whatever meat you prefer (can be left out)
- I start with making the zoodles with the spiralizer then I put salt on it and leave it to absorb for 5-10 minutes.
- I then put the brazil nuts first in the food processor and crush them until they are in tiny pieces. Then I add the extra virgin olive oil, ripe avocados, salt, fresh basil leaves, lime and if you like it, some black pepper and a couple of fresh mint leaves too. Mix these into a creamy, delicious sauce.
- You can either it the zoodles raw or cook them a little but not too long, otherwise it looses its great nutritions. I usually put them into hot water for 2 to 3 minutes with salt and a bit of olive oil but you can also fry them in a pan for a minute or two.
- In the meantime, I wash and slice up the tomato and cut them into half.
- I grade the parmesan cheese and my dish is ready to serve.
If you crave some meat, you can add some cooked bacon or tuna on top additionally, it tastes delicious.
The other day I only had 1 courgette so I used cucumber instead of not eating any. I did not cook that but I mixed the two together and the meal tasted delicious.
* Food intolerance: I was intolerant to black pepper, I did not use it at all for meals. This meal taste heavenly anyway.
* Food intolerance: I am lactose intolerant so you might be shocked that I eat cheese. Lactose is in the sugar found in milk. Aged cheese has a very low sugar level like parmesan, cheddar or swiss cheese so a little bit of that for a meal is fine to have, however look at your intake, it really has to be a small portion only.
Try it and let me know how you liked it!